AC Repair & Recharge
The function of an automotive air conditioner is to help remove the heat and humidity from inside the passenger compartment of the vehicle. Powered by a belt, the air conditioning compressor compresses the refrigerant to pressurize it and pump it through the automobile’s ventilation system. The refrigerant is pushed through a valve where pressure and temperature are reduced. The now-cool refrigerant travels through the evaporator in the passenger compartment. As a result, cooled air is blown into your vehicle. This refrigerant returns to the compressor, where the cycle begins once again.
Our Sam's Transmission and Auto Care Center ASE certified technicians will:
- visually inspect the air conditioning compressor drive belt for cracks or damage
- visually inspect accessible components for leaks or damage
- check the operation of the air conditioning compressor and other air conditioning components
- evacuate refrigerant from the system
- vacuum test the system
- recharge the air conditioning system using the appropriate refrigerant to the system capacity according to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications
The cost of repairing your air-conditioner is much more affordable than you think and with a Cooling System Check Up, you can save yourself a large AC repair bill down the road!